Friday, August 1, 2008

I NEED AN ARTIST!!

So, I wrote a children's book and I would really like to find someone who can paint or draw to illustrate it! It doesn't have to be anything fancy, but I cant draw AT ALL! So Here is the story if you know anyone who would be interested please let me know! I have pictures of the dog that it is about so you could copy him.

STRAYHOUND


Majestic meadows is a grand little place
Where greyhounds abide, and love to lure race!

One Sunny Spring day their little girl found
A small pudgy puppy that was partly greyhound!

Because they were unsure, and a little bit leery
They taunted and teased him and made him quite Dreary

They said; “Your not one of us! Your only half Greyhound!
From now you’ll be known, as poor little Strayhound!

Your coat is too long, and your ears are not right
You look like you shouldn’t be able to eat one more bite!

Your not slender and sleek; royal regal and refined
When we all race, you lag far behind!”

He tried to fit in, he sucked in his gut. He pointed his ears, what’s the point,…. He’s a mutt.

This poor little puppy didn’t like his new home
So he struck out one night afraid and alone.

In the morning the greyhounds were shocked and dismayed,
They knew their insecurities made them act this mean way.

They knew what to do; they did what they do best.
They ran out the gates howling for their lost guest!
They found him alone, down the road by the river,
Looking at his reflection wishing he were quite thinner.

The Greyhounds gathered round very tearful and sad,
They barked “Were so sorry that we were so bad!” Please forgive us, come home we all miss you dearly! This comes from our hearts We LOVE you sincerely!”

The puppy’s heart swelled, he knew he was home his poor weary paws no longer to roam.

2 comments:

Newman Family said...

My dad and brother are both artists. I bet either one of them would do it!! Let me know if you are still looking.
Meg

Fiagle Family said...

so cute look at all these talents you have hidden away!