Thursday, October 25, 2007

Today is "Doug day"! (Unless your Irisia Fox, then it's "Duck Day") We get to spend Thursdays together as a family so it's pretty nice. We have a slight damper on today because Doug is sick in bed! I will let him sleep in until 11am, then I will try to roust him out. Today we are just going to watch some movies and make cookies and order pizza. we normally go out but today Doug needs to rest! The Dogs were driving me crazy this week, So I have moved Gina and her puppies into the office, they are doing well, and should be opening there eyes in a few days. I just contacted an Italian greyhound breeder and will be purchasing a new blue wild Irish female! We will pick her up in two weeks! Are next door neighbor Norman passed away like a month ago and his cat was left all alone (he was an outside cat) So we have been feeding him and named him Norman. Anyway... I hadn't seen him in a few days so I went in my neighbors back yard to look for him. I found him on the side of the house with a broken leg! We don't have the money to take him to the vet, and he doesn't seem to be in much pain so he now just hangs out on a blanket in a corner in our house! He can get around and he's eating and drinking, I just don't know what else to do for him. He's a pretty old cat too.
We were supposed to go to our wards trunk or treat last night but we decided to grab some dinner really quick. We ran over to chili's who are normally quite fast, but they took forever!! by the time we left, and then dressed Meghan in the car, there was only 15 minutes left of the party! So my little Skunk in the back seat kept saying "I'm going to a party!" We drove by the church and with so little time left, we were too chicken to get out. I thought I would look so stupid arriving with my dressed child to the last 15 minutes of the trunk or treat! So I told Doug just to drive on and go to the store! Well, when we got to the store Meghan yelled out "Yeah I'm at the party now! were hear!" I felt like the worlds worst mom and started to cry! Doug was like, it's not even Halloween! She gets to go to another carnival and blah blah blah! I know it wasn't that big of a deal but I just felt horrible! anyway Meghan thought the store was lots of fun, she picked out candy and said trick or treat to the cashier in her skunk costume and then we went home and she was perfectly happy! I love my little girl! If only we could alway be as happy with what life brings us! I learn from her everyday!

3 comments:

beautifuldey said...

A skunk! I wish that I had thought to dress Josh up as a skunk...maybe next year.
I'm glad you started a blog, now if you only had some pictures so I could see your little skunk it would be great. Also, you may want to be careful about how much personal information you put in your blog (ie: where you live, etc) just in case you have a stalker.

{priscilla} said...

I was wondering what happened to you! Kelly and I were expecting you there!! We got there late too, about 7:00. It was nice getting out of the house even if it was just for a little bit. Sorry I missed ya. I probably won't be getting out of the house for awhile now. My mom left yesterday! There went my life support :(

Newman Family said...

You should of come. You wouldn't of looked dumb... My husband and I were dressed in 80's rock and we were among the few that dressed up. We looked dumb.....

Meg