Saturday, July 12, 2008

Just an Update

Doug: Doug got a Promotion and a raise! yeah! He is very excited about it, and has been working hard! Because of the promotion he will be handing over the vending machines to me. Doug will soon be getting a "manly" looking Mo-ped (if such a thing exists) to start driving to work. It will get between 80 to 100 miles per gallon and will over 65 miles an hour, so it's not one of those little slow ones. I have been seeing them start to pop up all over the place and expect to see a lot more in the future, I think this is a great idea because the Scion, will soon be all MINE!

Meghan: Meghan now knows all of the sounds of the letters and can sound out small words. She is working on some phonics like Sh, and Th, and Ph. She keeps on growing and has grown out of her summer clothes and now is in a size 7/8! Kelly Fox don't be offended, but this girls going to be an Amazon! (Xena the princess warrior was very attractive right??) She still wont ride a bike, but loves to watch and listen to "Music and the spoken Word" (Mormon Tab show) She keeps on saying Mommy, that's you singing! I WISH! Her hair is growing out, and she will be starting dance soon. We don't have any free preschools, so she will just be staying at home. She can now fold her own shirts and pants and does a pretty good job at it too. It takes me much longer, but she has started doing my chores with me. Reading the Ezra Taft Benson bio has really opened my eyes about what kids are capable of doing, so she now has chores and is required to do more around the house.

Lindsey: I've been tyring to keep busy around the house and outside. I finally have a semblance of a lawn even thought 40% of it is probably weeds, but hey, at least it's green. I have a litter of pups due in about 2 weeks, I just went and collected money from our machines yesterday and that was really fun. It's nice to be able to make some extra money and also support the national children's cancer society's charity as well! Doug and I have talked it over and we are soon going to start the process to become foster parents! This is something I have always wanted and needed to do. I feel very strongly that if all the good parents out their could make room in their lives for ONE foster child then we wouldn't have nearly as many children falling through the cracks. We are needed to take care of Heavenly fathers children that are afraid, alone, and abused. we will only take in one child, but are excited to try and make a difference. My 4-H group is off for the summer, but I will be starting that up in September, We will kick it off with a big fundraiser (we have no supplies as a club) and I have to work on trying to find people willing to host kids sheep project during the summer because many of my kids don't have property. That's about all that's going on here!

1 comments:

Kelli said...

You're getting me thinking about picking up that Biography on President Benson. Wow! I think I often underestimate what my kids can do. Sometimes it just seems easier in the moment to do things myself... Not ideal, I know.

Good for you and the Foster Child thing! That's been an on-going conversation in our house too. Don't think it will be anytime soon, though.